Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin
ICPRB is currently hiring for several positions:
- Director of Administration
- Request for Proposals: Seasonal Forecasting to Support Drought Operations in the Potomac River Basin
The internship application period has closed.
Director of Administration
Download a PDF of this announcement here.
For over eighty years, the Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) has worked with our partners to improve the water quality of the Potomac River through science, regional cooperation, and education. ICPRB seeks a Director of Administration to support the important work of this small, collegial, non-regulatory agency that focuses on water resources, aquatic habitats, drinking water and environmental communication. This is a senior level position, responsible for directing and overseeing the ICPRB administrative section, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
We are seeking a results-driven, hands-on, detail-oriented, and responsive director of administration with strong interpersonal skills who can quickly become a key team player in this nimble organization.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of fiscal and cash management;
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP, CFRs and federal and state grant compliances, knowledge of Uniformed Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200) preferred;
- Deep understanding of contracting process, federal guidelines on procurement, SOWs, RFP/RFQ, proposals, and indirect cost rate negotiations;
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral skills (English);
- Familiarity with Human Resources management, policies and procedures;
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and oversee events and meetings;
- Ability to prepare budgets and supporting materials for annual audit;
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and hardware; work with IT staff and consultants to plan and design future projects, ensuring network security, and staff training;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Must be able to write policies and procedures and follow through implementation;
- Must be highly organized and multi-task oriented;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and MS Dynamics; and
- Must have at least a master’s degree in Business or Financial Administration or CPA with five or more years of experience; a background in accounting a plus.
Currently, the position is budgeted at $92,000 per year. ICPRB provides an excellent benefits package, including retirement and a generous leave policy. Located in Rockville, MD, ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to maintain a diverse workforce. No applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, sex, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other non-job-related factors. Individuals shall be considered for employment and advancement solely based on qualifications and abilities for specific positions.
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of the more than six-million residents of the Potomac River Basin, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Proposals: Seasonal Forecasting to Support Drought Operations in the Potomac River Basin
The Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) Section for Cooperative Water Supply Operations on the Potomac (CO-OP) provides technical and managerial assistance in drought-related planning and operations for the Washington, DC, metropolitan area (WMA) cooperative water supply system. CO-OP seeks to form a collaboration with researchers at an academic institution to help advance its ability to provide this drought-related support. Grant funding in the amount of $65,000 will be provided over a period of one year, with potential for a second year of funding depending on the scope of the proposal, not to exceed an additional $65,000.
Updates to the RFP, including informational meetings, will be listed on this site.