Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin
Download a PDF of this announcement here.
For over eighty years, the Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) has worked with our partners to improve the water quality of the Potomac River through science, regional cooperation, and education. ICPRB seeks an Office Manager to support the important work of this small, collegial, non-regulatory agency that focuses on water resources, aquatic habitats, drinking water and environmental communication.
We need a results-driven, hands-on, detail-oriented, and responsive Office Manager with strong interpersonal skills who can quickly become a key team player in this nimble organization. This is a mid-level Full Time position, responsible for managing ICPRB’s office, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience providing a wide variety of administrative services, including managing incoming and outgoing mail/e-mail and telephone calls, ordering office supplies and maintaining equipment, serving as the liaison to the building landlord, and other support as needed;
- Familiarity with government contracting process, federal guidelines on procurement, SOWs, RFP/RFQ, and federal and state grant compliance;
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral skills (English);
- Familiarity with Human Resources management, policies and procedures;
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and oversee events and meetings;
- Ability to work with ICPRB’s in-house accountant in preparing budgets and the supporting materials for annual audit;
- Ability to plan office layout and office moves;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to write policies and procedures and follow through to implementation;
- Must be highly organized and multi-task oriented;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; and
- Must have at least an associates degree and relevant experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. ICPRB provides an excellent benefits package, including retirement and a generous telework and leave policy. Located in Rockville, MD, ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to maintain a diverse workforce. No applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, sex, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other non-job-related factors. Individuals shall be considered for employment and advancement solely based on qualifications and abilities for specific positions.
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of the more than six-million residents of the Potomac River Basin, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.